New Clinical Triage System from Monday 6th November 2023
We would like to inform you of a change to the way we triage your request for medical help.
At the moment the Care Navigation Team at the practice answer your calls and book you into triage appointments for the clinical staff to action. As of the 6th November, we are directing everyone through our new Website and Clinical Triage procedure.
Don’t worry, you can still access us in 3 ways
2. by phone
3. Online system via the Website.
This will not change, but we are adapting our way of working to channel your requests through a clinician lead triage system. The advantages of this kind of system are:
· You can complete the request via the Website anytime between 8am and 5pm.
· Avoids the need to call at 8am or wait in a queue to speak to someone.
· Care Navigators can complete the request form for you if you are unable to use the online system.
· When medical requests come in the Triage team of GPs and Nurses see them first, they are assessed and prioritised by clinicians.
· Medical requests are monitored all day and dealt with in order of arrival whichever way they come into the practice.
· No lost messages as the system ensures you will receive a response by either SMS or Phone call, depending on your choice.
· If the clinicians feels you should be seen or called, we are able to send a link for you to choose an appointment time to suit, including on the day if required.
Please let us know if you experience any problems with this and we will do our best to rectify things quickly, but we ask for your understanding and patience as staff adjust to this new way of working.
This change to ensure you receive care from the correct clinician at the right time and we feel it will benefit you as patients, but we understand it may need tweaking and we are always to work with you to get this right.